Nowadays, it seems that the practice of doing yoga has become very popular. We can notice that, only within the last decade or two, there has been an increasing number of people who have turned to this particular form of exercise. This is mainly because yoga is an excellent discipline for maintaining the overall health of your body. It is safe to say that the benefits that come with practicing yoga are great, and one of these benefits is lower levels of stress in the body – which is something that everyone strives for! Furthermore, you will even be able to enjoy a healthy body, a clear mind, and an excellent mood.
The beauty of practicing yoga is that when you open your mind and body to it, you will notice that a new world of health will open up right before your eyes. If you have already started the practice or thinking of doing so; we can only imagine how excited you must be! Since there are plenty of benefits, today we are looking into enriching the entire process for you.
Once you start working out, the first thing you will need to determine is the space. Feeling the flow of air in a room is extremely important if you want to get the most out of practicing yoga. You want to avoid any small rooms where there is poor circulation of air and want to focus on finding a more open space where you can relax and soak in the environment. Also, opt for a room that is not too cluttered and busy with many elements. Trust us, you will not be able to calm your mind down if you choose a room with a lot of stuff in it.
After you have had the chance to find the perfect space, make sure that the room you have chosen has plenty of natural light. If you are one of those people who like to do their workouts in the morning, soaking up the sun while doing yoga is important. It is best to try to focus on turning towards the window and taking in the morning and the glory of a brand new day!
Finally, one of the most important aspects of practicing yoga is having the right equipment for it. There are a few things that you should focus on, and one of them includes having a non-slip yoga mat. Since you will do all of your exercises on the mat, it is important to know that you have committed yourself to finding the perfect mat. This is important as it should be non-slippery and long-lasting, helping you do the poses in a better and safer way. It is also important for it to be durable, natural, and grippy.
This is why the subject of today is how to choose the best natural yoga mat for your needs. When you are choosing, there are several things you need to take into consideration, and all of them will be included here today. So keep on reading to find out how to choose the best non-slip yoga mat for you and where to get it from!
Is the yoga mat important?
It does not matter if you are a professional yoga practitioner, leading your yoga studio, or you are just a beginner who works out from home – the important thing is that, whoever you are, you should always have a good base that will help you upgrade and improve. When we talk about base, we talk about a thick yoga mat that will fulfill all your requirements.
When you start focusing on your yoga practice, you will soon notice that the mat is excellent and can help you make all the difference when working out. If you do not invest in a mat that is solid and grippy, then you might end up having difficulties doing some poses. Even though at the beginning this might not seem like an important aspect, as you delve deeper into the practice of yoga, you will notice that it makes all the difference.
In addition, it is important to invest in a grippy yoga mat so you would be able to perform all the exercises and poses correctly. It will help you keep your body in one place, feeling secure, instead of wobbly and without balance.
Once you start looking for the best yoga mat for you, you will discover that there are plenty of options for you. First things first, there are many textiles to choose from. The property of the material is always important if you are considering using a non-slip yoga mat. Here are some properties of the materials that you should keep in mind during the selection process.
- The texture of the tactile – the more textured the design is, the better it will perform in terms of grip. If the surface is more textured, then it will be better on contact, and you will be able to feel it immediately. This will help you remain in place instead of slipping on the yoga mat. This type of material will also make sure that you stay balanced throughout the exercises. You can find non-slip yoga mats that are created from natural fibers to be more textured.
- Check the thickness too – depending on the quantity of the material in your mat, there are different thicknesses of yoga mats out there. This is an important aspect of the yoga mat, especially because it provides you with much more comfort. However, the thickness is also the leading cause of reduced foldability and portability.
- Your mat should be breathable – depending on the density that your mat has, it should feel like it is breathable. Naturally, if there is a lot of density, then the material would not be much breathable. If you need a mat that would be able to absorb the sweat and the heat, then it might be better for you to go with the thinner options for your yoga mat. On the other hand, those designs which are mode dense are great if you need cushioning. You need the right balance when it comes to density. Something that would still provide some support to you, but would remain thin enough to help your body breathe through the exercises.
- Without any harmful chemicals – some of the cheaper materials that you can find out there are filled with harmful substances. These are the types of mats you would want to avoid. Instead, make sure to opt for a natural yoga mat if you are keen on preserving your health. Those synthetics and the harmful substances which are used in some materials used for the yoga mats can contribute to the creation of a skin rash, may have a very strong and pungent smell, and may even emit toxic gasses (but this depends on the surroundings).
- Make sure that it lasts – making sure that your yoga mat lasts for a longer period is a crucial step to take when you are looking for a good, valuable non-slip yoga mat. There are plenty of factors that you would need to take into consideration here. Some of them include abrasion resistance, weather resistance, heat resistance, elasticity, compression, tactile strength, and just making sure that the overall material for the yoga mat is really good. Some are considered more durable than others, and these are the more recognizable ones. They are TPE, NBR, PER, PVC, and Polyurethane.
- They should also be eco-friendly too – the good thing about yoga mats is that they can leave a minimum footprint on production. This is why most companies turn to creating biodegradable and renewable yoga mats. These are considered to be eco-friendly. Most of all the industrial-made materials that we are familiar with leave a carbon footprint on production. This is why, when it comes to a natural yoga mat, it is always best to opt for the option with natural fibers. This is known to be an eco-friendly option.
- Being lightweight and flexible – there are many lightweight materials out there that can pose as the perfect solution to creating the best yoga mat there is. This is extremely important because you want to be able to carry it around and enjoy it. Also, these materials that are considered lightweight are the same material that is considered very bendy. This means that you not only get a light product to carry around with you, but it is also going to be easy to fold and bend.
- Absorbing the extra moisture – you need a material that can provide you with a high rate of absorption capacity. No need to worry, there are plenty of materials out there that are perfect for the job. This is a property that you will probably find the most useful since the material would be able to absorb a lot of sweat that will drip from your body and onto the mat. You should take this into serious consideration, especially if you live in a place where there is a lot of humidity. This will help you a lot and make your life a little bit easier.
- Finally, insulation is key – choosing the best non-slip yoga mat is not just about the thickness of the mat or the durability of the material. It also comes down to whether the material you are after is better to use because it seems like good insulation. Other than rubber, most of all the natural fibers we are familiar with are great conductors of heat and electricity, which means that they will act as poor insulators. However, synthetic materials have been proven to be of much use, so this is maybe something you would like to take into consideration.
As you can see from here, when it comes to choosing the best yoga mat for you, there are plenty of choices for you to go through. All you need to do is think about which one would work best for you, and just go with that option.
Do you feel like you have been looking for a brand that can assist you and take care of you by fulfilling all your needs? In this case, the best thing to do is think about us! We have some non-slip yoga mats which are created masterfully and are designed for your relaxation. Once you take a better look into what we have to offer, you will be amazed by the quality products we provide. If you are interested in investing in a product that can be the pillar of your yoga equipment in your studio or your home, then feel free to add this yoga mat to your list.
You can be a beginner and still enjoy our perfect yoga mats. You can even be a professional that works in a studio and you can still benefit from the wonderfulness which is our yoga mats. The best thing you should be focusing on is achieving inner peace, and doing it in a way that would make you happier, fitter, and stronger.
If you are working in a studio, it is only natural to share the wonderfulness that is our product with the rest of the world. We are more than certain that the people who are visiting the classes, and who are determined to make a change in their lifestyle; will be the first ones to notice the amazing benefits of non-slip yoga mats.
Find yourself and become a part of a society that strives for positive change. With the help of our yoga mats, you will come face-to-face with some of the most challenging asanas. Once you get used to the comfort that they provide, you will be able to enjoy and pamper yourself. So, visit our website (add hyperlink) and make a note of everything you want to get, starting with the non-slip yoga mat. We can further provide you with all the information that you need – reach out to us if you have any questions, we are happy to help!